The research areas of this scholarship are: Scholarship is awarded for studying Journalism, Media and Globalisation.
Who can apply to this scholarship?
· Erasmus Mundus Category A scholarships for third country (non
· EU) students: Category A scholarships can be awarded to students from countries other than the 28 EU member states (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, The Nederlands, Portugal, the UK, Sweden, Cyprus, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain) and the EEA
· EFTA states (Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland). Furthermore, you must comply with the 12 months rule: you are not a resident nor have carried out your main activity (studies, training or work) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in the above mentioned countries. The five
· year reference period for this rule is calculated backwards as from the application submission deadline. Additional Category A scholarships are expected to be available for a limited number of students from: Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, DPR Korea, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam; Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan); Middle East (Iran, Iraq, Yemen); Latin America (For Latin America at least 25% of the students must come from Lower Middle Income Countries: Bolivia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua and Paraguay; a maximum of 35% of students from Brazil and Mexico together and 40% come from the following countries: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Panama, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela); South Africa; ENI
· South (Algeria, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria and Tunisia); ENI
· East (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova and Territory of Ukraine as recognised by international law) and Gulf countries (Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates).
· Erasmus Mundus Category B scholarships for European (EU/EEA) students and others: Category B scholarships can be awarded to any student who does not fulfil the criteria for a category A scholarship. The Category B scholarships are connected to the ‘Study Abroad’ programme at our non
· European partners.
· Erasmus+ stipends (all students can apply): All Mundus Journalism students can apply for Erasmus+ stipends for the second year of their Master’s studies, if they have not been granted an Erasmus Mundus scholarship or received Erasmus+ funding within their BA studies.
Benefits of the scholarship: Category A scholarships are expected to be worth €48,000 for the 2015-2017 programme. The fee is subtracted from the scholarship. There is free insurance for Mundus stipend holders. Category B scholarships are expected to be worth €23,000 for the 2015-2017 programme. Information and assistance on the Erasmus+ stipends will be provided at Aarhus University after the start of the course. The stipend is about 230 Euros per month for 10 months. So far all eligible students have received this stipend.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: Scholarship is awarded for two years.
Number of scholarships: Not Known