The research areas of this scholarship are: Not provided
Who can apply to this scholarship? The applicant and his/her parents must have foreign citizenship. Applicants who hold Korean citizenship are not permitted to apply for this program.
· Applicants should be in good health, both mentally and physically, to stay in Korea for an extended period of time.
· Applicants must submit the Personal Medical Assessment (included in the application form) when he/she apply for this program, and when it’s orientation, an Official Medical Examination will be done by NIIED. A serious illness (For example, HIV, Drug, etc) will be the main cause of disqualification from the scholarship.
· The handicapped who satisfy the above are also eligible for the program.
· Applicants must be under 40 years of age as of Sep. 1st, 2014 (born after Sep. 1st, 1974).
· Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree as of August 31st, 2014.
· Applicants who apply for the Master’s program must hold a Bachelor’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Bachelor’s degree.
· Applicants who apply for the Doctoral program must hold a Master’s degree or a diploma that is equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree.
· Applicants who are expecting to obtain the relevant required degree or diploma by August 31st, 2014 must submit a certificate of degree or diploma expectation, and submit the official certificate of degree or diploma to NIIED by August 31st, 2014. (If not, disqualified for this program).
· Applicants must maintain a grade point average (G.P.A.) of at least 2.64 on a 4.0 scale, 2.80 on a 4. 3 scale, 2.91 on a 4.5 scale, or grades/marks/score of 80% or higher from the previously attended institution.
· If an applicant does not satisfy the above GPA criteria, he/she will be disqualified from applying to this program.
· If the transcript is not indicated in grades/marks/scores format, or is difficult to convert into percentages, attachment of official explanation from the attended institution is required.
· Applicants who have Korean proficiency or English proficiency may be given preference.
· Applicants who apply for natural science and technology program may be given preference.
· Applicants who are university professors currently in the developing countries may be given preference.
Benefits of the scholarship: Korean Government Scholarship Program for graduate students will include: -Airfare: Round-trip economy class ticket. -Airfare for entry will not be provided to scholars who already currently live in Korea for academic study or employment. -The fees for domestic travel within a scholar’s home country and for travel insurance to and from Korea will not be provided. -Scholars from China and the Czech Republic will not be provided airfare by NIIED, but by their country of origin according to the mutual agreements. -Monthly Allowance: 900,000 won (KRW) per month. -Research Allowance: 210,000 won for scholars in the humanities and social sciences; 240,000 won for scholars in natural and mechanic sciences, per semester. -Relocation (Settlement) Allowance: 200,000 won upon arrival (only for scholars from their own country, not for scholars who already currently live in Korea) -Language Training Fee: Full coverage -Tuitions: All admission fees are waived by the host institution (university). The tuition is paid by NIIED. -Dissertation Printing Costs: 500,000 ~ 800,000 won, depending on the actual costs. -Medical Insurance: 20,000 won per month will be provided (limited coverage). -Special funding for scholars who are proficient in the Korean language (TOPIK Level 5 or 6): 100,000 won per month (commencing from the degree program)
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The duration of Korean Government Scholarship Program for graduate students is as follows: -Master’s (01.09.2014 ~ 31.08.2017): 1 yr. of Korean language + 2 yrs of Master’s -Doctoral (01.09.2014 ~ 31.08.2018): 1yr. of Korean language + 3 yrs of Doctoral After the Korean language course, the scholarship period of degree course (2 years of master’s or 3 years of doctoral) cannot be extended beyond the designated duration. In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level that is higher than 5, he or she is exempted from the Korean language course; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral). In the case that a scholar possesses a TOPIK Level 5 or 6, he or she must be exempted from the Korean language course and must start his/her academic course of Master or Doctoral degree; the exempted period will be deducted from the total scholarship period (2 years for master’s or 3 years for doctoral).
Number of scholarships: Up to 880 scholarships will be awarded.