The research areas of this scholarship are: TechWomen brings emerging women leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Who can apply to this scholarship? An applicant must:
· Be a woman with a minimum of two years of full
· time professional experience in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology;
· Have a university degree;
· Be proficient in written and spoken English;
· Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity;
· Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program;
· Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years;
· Be able to obtain a U.S. visa;
· Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident.
Benefits of the scholarship: The TechWomen program will cover travel and housing costs and provide a per diem for all selected participants.
More information about the fellowship:
Duration: The 2013 mentorships will take place beginning October 1st, 2013 through November 6th, 2013.
Number of scholarships: Not provided